1. Provide your office with your itinerary.
2. Check in with your home office twice a day.
3. Prior to departure, register with your embassy in your destination.
4. Carry a cell phone programmed with emergency numbers (corporate hotline / contact; embassy number; hotel management / concierge).
5. Limit the number of credit cards and amount of cash carried.
6. Avoid needless reference to your company / business affiliation.
7. Avoid disputes, demonstrations, political rallies and commotions on the street.
8. Be observant of where you are and where you are going at all times.
9. Be alert if you continue to see the same faces and vehicles, and wary of loiterers.
10. If you suspect you are being followed, enter any busy public place and call for help.
11. Pre-arrange the transport to pick you up from the airport.
12. When not being met by a company or host driver, use hotel cabs.
13. Windows should be kept rolled up and doors locked at all times while in a vehicle.
14. In regions with known risks, arrange accompaniment if you must leave the hotel / office on foot, particularly after dark.
15. Avoid hotel rooms on the first floor or otherwise easily accessible from outside the building.
Download a printer-friendly version
This information is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. It is intended to provide a general overview of the policy described. Nothing contained herein should be construed as an acknowledgement by Schinnerer that a given situation may be covered under a particular policy. © 2015, Victor O. Schinnerer & Company, Inc.