DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION & CONSULTANTS
| || || || || |
|1. Commitment to the Industry|| || || || ||
Schinnerer has provided coverage and industry solutions since 1957.
- Commended program of NSPE and an exclusive partnership with the AIA Trust.
- Specialized claims handling built on 60 years of partnerships.
|2. Largest AE Team in the U.S. || || || || ||
Between our underwriting staff and CNA’s claims team, we provide more staff resources than any other A&E program (per ACEC 2017 PL Survey).
- More than 21 professionals dedicated to serving our policyholders, responding to their claims, and educating their staff.
- No carrier matches CNA for presence with numerous claims offices throughout the country.
|3. Protecting Your Reputation|| || || || ||
No hammer clause means the limits you buy are there to defend you. Other carriers will restrict the limits they provide after a settlement is offered, we don’t.
- Crisis management expense coverage means we share expenses to retain a public relations firm.
- Customized claims approach where CNA adjusters will ask questions about your firm’s critical business needs before formulating a defense strategy.
|4. Cutting-Edge Coverage || || || || ||
Rectification coverage helps firms to take the lead on design-build projects.
- SEC municipal advisor supplementary coverage addresses the risk posed by new legislation.
- Expanded pollution coverage that covers pollution from the project location, during transportation, at the disposal facility, or at your own site.
- Automatic extended reporting periods (ERPs) for sole proprietors who through their death or disability cease to practice. Past work is covered under an automatic ERP at no charge.
- 10 Year extended reporting period for long-time insureds to better link the statutes of limitation and repose in your state to your need for a one-time payment option.
|5. Broad Definition of Wrongful Act || || || || ||
- Policy doesn’t require allegation of negligence to trigger coverage. When practicing overseas, the negligence standard may not apply. Our policy can still respond when others won’t.
- Coverage for services performed under a joint venture is included on a blanket basis.
|6. Risk Management|| || || || ||
- Vast library of more than 500 risk management publications at your disposal.
- Webinars on liability concerns, practice management, public policy discussions, and more.
- CE credits for employees who complete our Voluntary Education Program.
- Access to our risk managers and their contract review services.
|7. Annual Meeting of Invited Attorneys|| || || || ||
Annual meeting of defense counsel from across the country.
- Discussions of current defense strategies and potential roadblocks for the A&E profession.
- Review emerging issues in other states before they become an issue in your home state.
- Connect with colleagues to work on new strategies for improving your practice.
This information is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. It is intended to provide a general overview of the policy described.
Nothing contained herein should be construed as an acknowledgement by Schinnerer that a given situation may be covered under a particular policy. 2017 Victor O. Schinnerer & Company, Inc. | In CA, dba Schinnerer Insurance Services | CA Ins. Lic. # 0156109