You have the option not only to report claims, but incidents, (situations in which you are concerned that a claim may occur) as well.
Here's how to ensure the fastest possible response to your incident or claim:
- When you're notified of a claim or become aware of an incident, and you need immediate advice or assistance, call your local claims specialist or 1-800-262-2778.
- You have several options for reporting a claim. You can write the CNA Insurance Companies in care of Victor O. Schinnerer & Company, Inc., Two Wisconsin Circle, Chevy Chase, MD 20815-7022. You can also file your A/E claim online.
- With respect to claims, all principals and staff members involved in the claim should be prepared to document the circumstances surrounding the allegation. Your written report to CNA should include the following:
- Your firm's name and address
- Your policy number
- Date, time and location of the situation
- Brief narrative description of the allegation against you
- Name of person or entity making the claim
- Amount of demand, if known
- Any lawsuit papers or legal proceedings
- Client–architect/engineer agreement for the project
- Any other pertinent documents or correspondence, including newspaper accounts